This coming Monday marks the 50th Let’s Parent on Purpose Podcast, and I want to take a couple of minutes to celebrate and share some changes that I’m making for this coming year.
First, as a celebration,
- the Let’s Parent on Purpose Blog has been visited over 12,000 times this year!
- the Podcast has more than 7,500 downloads!
- people beyond my mom and grandma listen!
What began as a means of enriching the ministry to the parents in our church has by God’s grace been a blessing to many throughout the country. I feel like I’ve learned quite a bit in the process and am looking forward to a few adjustments this coming year:
- I am going to put much more focus on the podcasts than the blog this year. I have noticed that blogs have a 3 day shelf life, but when someone discovers a podcast they go back and listen to past episodes. Also, I think that if you’ll spend 15-20 minutes listening to the podcast, you’ll get so much more out of it than a 4 minute read of the blog.
- Most of the time, the blog is going to become show notes and links for the podcast. I’ll also direct link each podcast in the blog.
- I’m going to do a LOT more interviews. I’ve got a great list lined up already, including experts on home family discipleship, sex and and teen sexuality, creating systems and structures to manage chores in your house, and experts on Generation Z. I think you’re going to really enjoy the discussions and gain a lot from them.
- I’m going to try to provide more specific written content to our Let’s Parent on Purpose Community based on your feedback, needs, and requests.
If you’re normally a reader of the blog, I want to request that you try out a couple of the podcasts. They’re extremely helpful and most of them will fit in your drive around town or exercise time.
Thanks so much for your encouragement and support this year, here’s looking forward to a fruitful 2018 for all of us parents!