About 50 percent of marriages end in divorce. There are many reasons given, but just about every single divorce boils down to one common denominator. Listen as Jay explains how dangerous hardness of the heart is in a marriage. Then walk through these questions in your own marriage:
- Am I being honest with myself, really?
- Who am I receiving council from?
- Are my ears hard?
- How have I contributed to the current state of our marriage?
- What’s at stake? Have I counted the costs?
- When I made my vows to my spouse and God, did I intend for this current issue to be an exception?
- Am I believing the gospel in my marriage?
- What is the major step of repentance or the baby step of resolution God is calling me to take
- Previous episode: Broken Marriages Can Heal with Steve and Lisa Goldberg
If you find this podcast helpful, you can subscribe and click here to find past topics and free resources. Feel free to share with others, as well! If you would like to help support Let’s Parent on Purpose, you can do so by becoming a patron.
I send a weekly email called “Things for Thursday” and it includes things I’ve found helpful related to parenting, marriage, and sometimes just things I find funny! You can sign up for “Things for Thursday” by joining my newsletter on my homepage.
Thank you for your continued support of this podcast. If you have a prayer request or if you have a topic suggestion or question, please contact me at my email.